User: indiatogether Topic: Human Rights
Category: Hunger
Last updated: Aug 30 2015 24:47 IST RSS 2.0
 
1 to 20 of 10,637    
Bengal student death: Congress leader threatens indefinite hunger-strike 29.8.2015 New Kerala: West Bengal
Kolkata, Aug 29 : A senior Congress leader on Saturday threatened to hold a sit-in outside a college in West Bengal's West Midnapore district, demanding arrest of the culprits responsible for the death of a student earlier this month and an indefinite fast here if justice was denied.
Also found in: [+]
Bengal student death: Congress leader threatens indefinite hunger-strike 29.8.2015 All News-IANS Stories
A senior Congress leader on Saturday threatened to hold a sit-in outside a college in West Bengal's West Midnapore district, demanding arrest of the culprits responsible for the death of a student earlier this month and an indefinite fast here if ...
Also found in: [+]
3 Bills introduced in Manipur House 29.8.2015 The Assam Tribune
3 Bills introduced in Manipur House
Also found in: [+]
What the mind does 29.8.2015 The Hindu: Today's Paper
What the mind does
Also found in: [+]
What the mind does 29.8.2015 The Hindu: Today's Paper
What the mind does
Also found in: [+]
What the mind does 29.8.2015 The Hindu: Today's Paper
What the mind does
Also found in: [+]
What the mind does 29.8.2015 The Hindu: Today's Paper
What the mind does
Also found in: [+]
Citizens urged to join mission for petrol-free Sunday in Aurangabad 29.8.2015 TOI: Cities
In an attempt to save environment, fuel and spread awareness to stay healthy the Eco-wing Youth Foundation and NGO Youthenia will be launching a mission for petrol/diesel free Sunday, in which the citizens will be urged to use cycle on every Sunday, from August ...
Also found in: [+]
Bad numbers 28.8.2015 Asian Age: Letters to editor

The slower population growth rate among Hindus should be an example to other religious groups. This is not to say that any particular community is responsible for India’s unsustainable population. But with education and greater awareness, other communities, can also lower the rate at which they reproduce, to prevent deaths from hunger due to over-population and limited resources. After all, ensuring India’s growth to every Indian is the responsibility of every citizen regardless of religion.
J. Ajaykranthi Reddy
Hyderabad

Bad numbers 28.8.2015 Asian Age: Letters to editor

The slower population growth rate among Hindus should be an example to other religious groups. This is not to say that any particular community is responsible for India’s unsustainable population. But with education and greater awareness, other communities, can also lower the rate at which they reproduce, to prevent deaths from hunger due to over-population and limited resources. After all, ensuring India’s growth to every Indian is the responsibility of every citizen regardless of religion.
J. Ajaykranthi Reddy
Hyderabad

Jains hold silent protest against HC verdict on Sallekhana 28.8.2015 Mysore - City - The Times of India
Over 500 members of the Jain community on Thursday held a silent protest against the recent Rajasthan high court verdict which termed ‘Sallekhana’ or starvation till death to achieve salvation illegal and punishable offence under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
Also found in: [+]
Congress accuses Gujarat government of pushing state into violence 27.8.2015 All News-IANS Stories
The Congress on Thursday accused the BJP government in Gujarat of pushing the state into "mindless" violence and arson.
Also found in: [+]
Congress accuses Gujarat government of pushing state into violence 27.8.2015 New Kerala: Gujarat
New Delhi, Aug 27 : The Congress on Thursday accused the BJP government in Gujarat of pushing the state into "mindless" violence and arson.
Also found in: [+]
AMSU invites all to 50th Hunger Marchers Day observation 26.8.2015 Kangla Online
AMSU invites all to 50th Hunger Marchers Day observation
Also found in: [+]
How a volcanic eruption gave birth to vampires 26.8.2015 TOI: All Headlines
How a volcanic eruption gave birth to vampires
Also found in: [+]
Why top executives are leaving startups 26.8.2015 TOI: Home
A number of senior managers at India's top consumer internet companies are heading for the exit door, with many citing a mixture of low job satisfaction and poor work-life balance.
Also found in: [+]
Santhara ban, Jains take to streets in MP 25.8.2015 Central Chronicle » Bhopal
Staff Reporter, Bhopal As part of a countrywide agitation against the Rajasthan High Court’s recently-imposed... more »
Also found in: [+]
APMCs shut as jains protest 25.8.2015 Asian Age: Mumbai
All Agriculture Produce Market Committees (APMCs) and most other markets in Nashik district remained closed protesting the Rajasthan high court order on Santhara or voluntary starvation till death. The Santhara is a revered form of Samadhi among the Jain community. The concerned person stops taking food and water and dies. The Jains believe it leads to Moksha or freedom from rebirths. All Jain organisations and sanghs staged morchas in the city and gave memorandums to the collector and police. The memorandum urged the Rajasthan government to file an appeal in the Supreme Court and to stay the Rajasthan high court order. Speaking to this newspaper, leading onion exporter Prakash Dayma said that Jains constitute nearly 40 per cent of traders in all APMCs and other markets. “The traders have their own associations. When 40 per cent of the traders have some grievance, the other 60 per cent traders from other communities naturally support them. Hence, trading was suspended in all APMCs in the district,” Mr ...
Also found in: [+]
APMCs shut as jains protest 25.8.2015 Asian Age: Mumbai
All Agriculture Produce Market Committees (APMCs) and most other markets in Nashik district remained closed protesting the Rajasthan high court order on Santhara or voluntary starvation till death. The Santhara is a revered form of Samadhi among the Jain community. The concerned person stops taking food and water and dies. The Jains believe it leads to Moksha or freedom from rebirths. All Jain organisations and sanghs staged morchas in the city and gave memorandums to the collector and police. The memorandum urged the Rajasthan government to file an appeal in the Supreme Court and to stay the Rajasthan high court order. Speaking to this newspaper, leading onion exporter Prakash Dayma said that Jains constitute nearly 40 per cent of traders in all APMCs and other markets. “The traders have their own associations. When 40 per cent of the traders have some grievance, the other 60 per cent traders from other communities naturally support them. Hence, trading was suspended in all APMCs in the district,” Mr ...
Also found in: [+]
What the mind does 24.8.2015 The Hindu: Today's Paper
What the mind does
Also found in: [+]
1 to 20 of 10,637